R K Pachauri, who has been accused of sexual harassment, has resigned from the Prime Minister’s Council on Climate Change as well, a government statement today said.
“The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, has accepted the resignation of R K Pachauri from the Prime Minister’s Council on Climate Change,” said the one line statement.
The Council decides on broad policy guidelines on climate change, and is headed by the Prime Minister.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- New TERI chief Ajay Mathur in next week but RK Pachauri not out
- Delhi court allows R K Pachauri to travel abroad
- RK Pachauri digs his heels in, ‘victim’ exits TERI
- Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur named new TERI chief
- Environmentalist Pachauri, who is facing sexual harassment charge, hospitalised
- Under sexual harassment cloud, RK Pachauri quits as chairman of UN climate change panel
Pachauri had earlier resigned from his position as chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a post that he had been holding since 2002. He has also taken indefinite leave from The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), of which he has been director general for about three decades.
Pachauri has been accused of sexual harassment by one of his junior colleagues at TERI. The victim has registered a police complaint against him. Pachauri is currently in a Delhi hospital undergoing treatment.