Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday condoled the loss of lives in the GAIL pipeline fire in Andhra Pradesh and announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs two lakh from the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund for the next of the kin of those killed.
The Prime Minister also spoke to Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Cabinet Secretary Ajit Kumar Seth and GAIL Chairman B C Tripathi and asked them to ensure immediate relief at the accident site.
“My thoughts (are) with the families of those who lost their lives in the GAIL pipeline fire in AP. (My) prayers (are) with the injured,” Modi said.
The Prime Minister’s relief is in addition to the relief assistance given by the Petroleum Ministry and GAIL, a PMO statement.
He also sanctioned an ex-gratia relief of Rs 50,000 for those who were seriously injured in the incident.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
14 people were killed and seven others injured in the fire following a blast in a gas pipeline belonging to GAIL in Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavari district early today.
East Godavari District Collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the accident occurred at Nagaram village in Amalapuram Mandal.
She said three persons were critically injured. All the injured have been rushed to a nearby hospital, she added.