Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday condoled the loss of lives in the GAIL pipeline fire in Andhra Pradesh and announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs two lakh from the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund for the next of the kin of those killed.
The Prime Minister also spoke to Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Cabinet Secretary Ajit Kumar Seth and GAIL Chairman B C Tripathi and asked them to ensure immediate relief at the accident site.
“My thoughts (are) with the families of those who lost their lives in the GAIL pipeline fire in AP. (My) prayers (are) with the injured,” Modi said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The Prime Minister’s relief is in addition to the relief assistance given by the Petroleum Ministry and GAIL, a PMO statement.
He also sanctioned an ex-gratia relief of Rs 50,000 for those who were seriously injured in the incident.
14 people were killed and seven others injured in the fire following a blast in a gas pipeline belonging to GAIL in Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavari district early today.
East Godavari District Collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the accident occurred at Nagaram village in Amalapuram Mandal.
She said three persons were critically injured. All the injured have been rushed to a nearby hospital, she added.