PIL in HC seeking derecognition of MNS on grounds that it was promoting hate speech in the vision of the party. Court asks Election commission to respond to plea on Friday. HC bench of acting chief justice BD Ahmed and Justice Siddharth mridul why no action was taken. “is this not violation of model code of conduct?” asks court. EC lawyer says hate speech is criminal offence on which state govt should take action. HC says EC failing in its constitutional duty.
Website of MNS in its statement of vision and objectives says ‘elimination of outsiders for betterment of socio economic status of the Marathi manoos’ as one of the objectives. HC has asked EC to reply on what action it will take against MNS.
Separate plea by same petitioner, advocate Mithilesh Kumar Pandey also seeks ban on post poll alliances. Argues that candidates should reveal to voters what alliances they are with since voters are misled by parties which change political alliances after elections.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage