A petition against holding the Assembly session outside was withdrawn from the Delhi High Court after Aam Aadmi Party member and lawyer Prashant Bhushan told the court that the government has yet to advise the Lieutenant Governor to shift the venue.
“The plea is premature as no decision has been taken on the issue,” said Bhushan. The government also said that a final decision to change the venue will be taken by the L-G after the Janlokapl Bill is introduced in the assembly and the date for discussion on the bill is decided by the assembly
The four-day session of the Delhi Assembly is being convened to pass the Janlokpal and Swaraj Bills. The AAP government has announced plans to hold the last day of the session at the Indira Gandhi Indoor stadium.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The High Court bench of Justice Badar Durrez Ahmad and Justice Siddarth Mridul allowed the petitioner to withdraw the plea which can be filed again if needed. The court also commented that there is a need to define reasons for shifting the venue and that the court can review the decision.