A petition against holding the Assembly session outside was withdrawn from the Delhi High Court after Aam Aadmi Party member and lawyer Prashant Bhushan told the court that the government has yet to advise the Lieutenant Governor to shift the venue.
“The plea is premature as no decision has been taken on the issue,” said Bhushan. The government also said that a final decision to change the venue will be taken by the L-G after the Janlokapl Bill is introduced in the assembly and the date for discussion on the bill is decided by the assembly
The four-day session of the Delhi Assembly is being convened to pass the Janlokpal and Swaraj Bills. The AAP government has announced plans to hold the last day of the session at the Indira Gandhi Indoor stadium.
The High Court bench of Justice Badar Durrez Ahmad and Justice Siddarth Mridul allowed the petitioner to withdraw the plea which can be filed again if needed. The court also commented that there is a need to define reasons for shifting the venue and that the court can review the decision.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016