Congress on Tuesday said the Planning Commission of India should not be scrapped as the plan body has its own advantages. “I don’t think anybody can think of scrapping the planning commission. It has its own advantages,” Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad told reporters here.
He was replying to a question about media reports about scrapping of the Planning Commission. “It is just a newspaper report. So many things are coming and I don’t think all the things mentioned in most of the newspaper reports are true,” Azad said. He said the party will check on the issue during the forthcoming session of the Parliament.
“Now that Parliament session is coming up, we will get it checked up during the session,” he said. A report prepared by the Independent Evaluation Office (IEO), headed by Ajay Chhibber, has recommended that the Planning Commission be scrapped and replaced with the Reform and Solutions Commission.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage