A pickpocket stabbed R K Satpathy, the regional director of Regional Centre for Military Airworthiness, a DRDO unit at Koraput, when he tried to stop the boy from fleeing with a mobile phone he had snatched from his colleague, near Charminar on Sunday morning.
Satpathy had come to Hyderabad on Friday to attend a conference and on Sunday morning he went to the Charminar area and where he was shopping along with his colleagues.
After visiting Charminar, they were walking towards the main road and were near Mecca mosque when the boy snatched the mobile phone of his colleague walking in the front.
According to Sub-Inspector C Srinivasulu, Investigation Officer, of the Hussaini Alam Police Station, Satpathy tried to stop the boy while he was fleeing.
“Along with another passerby, he caught hold of the boy and during the scuffle the boy took out a knife and stabbed Satpathy and also injured the other person. He then managed to escape from the scene,’’ Srinivasulu said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A bleeding Satpathy, while pressing the wound just a few inches below the heart with his handkerchief, himself called for an ambulance from his mobile phone and was first rushed to Osmania Hospital and from there to the DRDO Apollo Hospital where was reported to be out of danger.
Assistant Commissioner of Police D Venkat Narasiah said the incident was not related to DRDO affairs.