Opposition People Democratic Party staged a walkout from the legislative assembly during Question Hour in protest over expulsion of 130 Kashmiri students by a university in Uttar Pradesh for their celebration after Pakistan cricket team’s victory against India.
Uproarious scenes marked the proceedings as the House assembled in the morning, with PDP MLAs on their feet demanding withdrawal of police FIR against expelled students.
They also sought UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s intervention to ensure cancellation of their expulsion order and their safety on the campus.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, as the Speaker did not allow them to speak on the issue, they staged a walkout from the House.
Later, PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti said, “Haven’t in the past our leaders clapped and appreciated performance of rival team?”