Opposition People Democratic Party staged a walkout from the legislative assembly during Question Hour in protest over expulsion of 130 Kashmiri students by a university in Uttar Pradesh for their celebration after Pakistan cricket team’s victory against India.
Uproarious scenes marked the proceedings as the House assembled in the morning, with PDP MLAs on their feet demanding withdrawal of police FIR against expelled students.
They also sought UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s intervention to ensure cancellation of their expulsion order and their safety on the campus.
However, as the Speaker did not allow them to speak on the issue, they staged a walkout from the House.
Later, PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti said, “Haven’t in the past our leaders clapped and appreciated performance of rival team?”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched