The Mufti Sayeed led PDP-Congress coalition government would have been toppled during its first three years of assuming power after the 2002 assembly elections,but for the National Conference leadership who declined to be part of such political conspiracy.
Disclosing this during a public rally at Darhal in border Rajouri district on Thursday,the Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said that a number of PDP legislators and others had contacted him during PDP’s tenure and offered him their support to dislodge Mufti Mohammad Sayeed. Pointing out that he told them that neither he nor his party believe in this kind of political games,he said that we do principle based politics and take on our political opponents in the open political arena rather than indulging in any conspiracy for getting power.
He also ridiculed PDP leaders for telling people that they were not power hungry,wondering as to how they could before people on this count when everyone was aware of their frustration to be in power. The 2010 law and order situation is the testimony of PDP’s struggle to remove him from office of chief minister and assume power itself,Omar added.
The PDP leadership did not even leave any stone unturned to convince the Prime Minister and other leadership in New Delhi during 2010 that Omar Abdullah was the only stumbling block and if his government was replaced by PDP’s,everything would be normal in the state. I have seen many power hungry people,but not so much hungry and dangerous as the PDP leadership, Omar added.
Pointing out that guilty conscience needs no accuser,he said that PDP’s pretension of not being power hungry simply points towards the fact that its politics is only for power.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Omar also referred to the PDP’s negative propaganda against his government despite latter’s unearthing the recent medical entrance test scam and putting the main accused behind bar. Reminding PDP of their hatching up the matter of a similar nature in 2004,Omar said that it not only set aside the Crime Branch report charging a particular accused person with selling medical seats,but also promoted him to the higher post.
He described PDP and BJP two faces of the same coin whose only agenda was to divide people on emotional grounds,polarize society and boom hatred to grab power.
Pointing out that PDP never tried to create working relationship with his government for the larger interests of the state and its people,Omar recalled that he himself went to congratulate Mufti Sayeed after he took over as Chief Minister in 2002 and assured him full support of his party which was in opposition at that time. Again in 2008,when he became Chief Minister,he withough waiting for having a word from Mufti Sayeed went to him to covey that politics apart,they should together pull the state out of economic mess,unemployment and other issues,Omar added.
Though he appreciated my intentions and agreed with me in this regard,he and his party instead of moving a step in this direction started unabated false propaganda against me and my government, Omar said. The PPD has the only agenda of removing me from office of Chief Minister by hook or crook and to grab power for vested interests, he added.
He also held BJP equally responsible for disturbing peace and creating tension between various sections and regions of the state. He accused the BJP leaders of being in search of occasions to flair up communal tension for political advantage.