The Mufti Sayeed led PDP-Congress coalition government would have been toppled during its first three years of assuming power after the 2002 assembly elections,but for the National Conference leadership who declined to be part of such political conspiracy.
Disclosing this during a public rally at Darhal in border Rajouri district on Thursday,the Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said that a number of PDP legislators and others had contacted him during PDP’s tenure and offered him their support to dislodge Mufti Mohammad Sayeed. Pointing out that he told them that neither he nor his party believe in this kind of political games,he said that we do principle based politics and take on our political opponents in the open political arena rather than indulging in any conspiracy for getting power.
He also ridiculed PDP leaders for telling people that they were not power hungry,wondering as to how they could before people on this count when everyone was aware of their frustration to be in power. The 2010 law and order situation is the testimony of PDP’s struggle to remove him from office of chief minister and assume power itself,Omar added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The PDP leadership did not even leave any stone unturned to convince the Prime Minister and other leadership in New Delhi during 2010 that Omar Abdullah was the only stumbling block and if his government was replaced by PDP’s,everything would be normal in the state. I have seen many power hungry people,but not so much hungry and dangerous as the PDP leadership, Omar added.
Pointing out that guilty conscience needs no accuser,he said that PDP’s pretension of not being power hungry simply points towards the fact that its politics is only for power.
Omar also referred to the PDP’s negative propaganda against his government despite latter’s unearthing the recent medical entrance test scam and putting the main accused behind bar. Reminding PDP of their hatching up the matter of a similar nature in 2004,Omar said that it not only set aside the Crime Branch report charging a particular accused person with selling medical seats,but also promoted him to the higher post.
He described PDP and BJP two faces of the same coin whose only agenda was to divide people on emotional grounds,polarize society and boom hatred to grab power.
Pointing out that PDP never tried to create working relationship with his government for the larger interests of the state and its people,Omar recalled that he himself went to congratulate Mufti Sayeed after he took over as Chief Minister in 2002 and assured him full support of his party which was in opposition at that time. Again in 2008,when he became Chief Minister,he withough waiting for having a word from Mufti Sayeed went to him to covey that politics apart,they should together pull the state out of economic mess,unemployment and other issues,Omar added.
Though he appreciated my intentions and agreed with me in this regard,he and his party instead of moving a step in this direction started unabated false propaganda against me and my government, Omar said. The PPD has the only agenda of removing me from office of Chief Minister by hook or crook and to grab power for vested interests, he added.
He also held BJP equally responsible for disturbing peace and creating tension between various sections and regions of the state. He accused the BJP leaders of being in search of occasions to flair up communal tension for political advantage.