Supreme Court on Wednesday set condition of depositing Rs 10000 crore for releasing Sahara chief Subrata Roy on bail.
A bench of Justices K S Radhakrishnan and J S Khehar turned down Sahara’s plea to reduce the amount and asked the group to convey its reply till Thursday.
Adjourning the case till tomorrow, the apex court set Rs 5000 crore in cash and Rs 5000 crore of bank guarantee to be furnished as a pre-condition of bail to Roy and two other directors, who are in Delhi’s Tihar Jail since March 4.
The Sahara group on Tuesday made a proposal before the Supreme Court for depositing Rs 20,000 crore investors’ money with SEBI to secure release of its chief Subrata Roy who has been behind the bars along with company’s two directors since March 4 when they were sent to judicial custody.
On the issue of defreezing bank accounts to help Sahara raise the money, the top court asked Sahara to adduce a note on the specific accounts for withdrawal. It also asked Sebi to respond to Sahara’s latest proposal of paying Rs 20000 crore by March next year.
Meanwhile, the Sebi told the court that its view was that the Sahara’s fresh proposal was “unworkable.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016