The current Session of Parliament may be extended to enable the passage of bills, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu told BJP MPs on Tuesday. Addressing the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting at the central hall of Parliament, he said the government is committed to pass important legislations in Parliament and would extend the current session, if Congress adopts “obstructionist” measures.
Government is keen to get important bills passed like the National Judicial Appointments Commission bill, the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill, Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, Constitution (121st Amendment) Bill, Repealing and Amending Bill, Factories (Amendment) Bill, the Insurance Bill, the Securities Laws (Amendment) Bill and the Labour Laws (Exemption from Furnishing Returns and Maintaining Registers by Certain Establishments) Amendment Bill.
Naidu charged the Congress with “running away” from passage of bills. The Parliamentary Affairs Minister also asked the party MPs to ensure their presence in both the Houses as there was a Constitutional Amendment Bill to be taken up and passed.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley listed out the purpose behind bringing the bill on judicial reforms and said it should not be construed as a “Government versus Judiciary” or “Parliament versus Judiciary”. “It is broadly aimed at bringing transparency in appointment of judges and their transfers,” he told the MPs.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More