A city couple’s skydiving trip in Tamil Nadu turned tragic when a parachute failed to deploy mid-air. Businessman Vinod, 28, watched helplessly as his homemaker wife V Ramya, 26, took a fatal leap from an aircraft at Omalur near Salem airport Thursday.
The couple had enrolled for a skydiving course at Indian Skydiving and Parachute Association (ISPA) in Bangalore on January 25. They were part of a 11-member team being trained by ISPA at Salem airport under the instruction of G Mohan Rao and “Ash”.
While Vinod was standing by, Ramya jumped out of the aircraft at 10,000 feet, only to find that her parachute wouldn’t deploy. Without instructions on how to deploy the reserve chute, she fell to the ground and died.
“I heard the instructor say at 6,000 feet she was to deploy her main chute. But when she did, it did not open. The parachute lines and the canopy twined around her body. Though there was a reserve chute, none of the instructors asked her to release it over the microphone,” Vinod told the Omalur police.
He alleged that instead of assisting his wife, the crew fled.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016