After a leopard wrecked havoc in neighbouring Meerut district, panic prevailed in Muzaffanagar as the big cat killed a goat in Kutesra village.
District Forest Officer V K Girish said that villagemen on Monday night alerted forest officials after they discovered a dead goat which was tied outside a home.
He said a search was launched, but they could not locate the animal. An alert has been sounded in the village and adjoining areas.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
At least six persons, including a police officer, were attacked and injured by a leopard in Meerut district on Monday prompting authorities to order closure of schools, colleges and market.
Police and forest department had to seek help from army officials in tracing the feline.