Peeved at being at the centre of a controversy surrounding Shashi Tharoor, Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar claimed she had no role in his marital discord with Sunanda Pushkar and was a “victim of conspiracy”.
Tarar, who has changed her profile picture on Twitter to a burning candle following Pushkar’s death on Friday, said she met Tharoor twice — once in India in April and then in Dubai in June last year.
“There were a lot of people present there,” the 45-year-old Lahore-based journalist said, while speaking to Geo Tez Saturday night.
“When I wrote an article that mentioned him, his wife probably did not like that another woman whom she did not know praised him so much. So she asked him to stop talking to me. Despite that, he (Tharoor) kept following me on Twitter after which she said stop following her (Tarar) on Twitter.
“I don’t know why she had a problem about me talking to her husband over phone or email. The conversations I had with him is something that I can have with anyone, anywhere in the world,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Tarar, mother of a 13-year-old boy, then surprisingly went on an all-out attack on Pushkar. “Have you googled? You will find that problems emerged in their marriage since May and June. I was not involved in their life. At that time, neither did she know me nor was she blaming me for anything.
“Google their names and you will see what will appear. ‘Marriage is about to break’. ‘Trouble in paradise’. ‘Fairytale is over’. News have been appearing about their marriage for long”.
She said Pushkar first attacked her after an interview she did with Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
“She (Pushkar) tweeted saying why has our CM spoken to a Pakistani journalist. First Pakistan sends Army and then sends journalist. She started fighting with me,” Tarar said.
She claimed she was a “victim of conspiracy”.
“Everything has happened to me. A Pakistani woman sitting here cannot spoil their marriage,” she said.