Peeved at being at the centre of a controversy surrounding Shashi Tharoor, Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar claimed she had no role in his marital discord with Sunanda Pushkar and was a “victim of conspiracy”.
Tarar, who has changed her profile picture on Twitter to a burning candle following Pushkar’s death on Friday, said she met Tharoor twice — once in India in April and then in Dubai in June last year.
“There were a lot of people present there,” the 45-year-old Lahore-based journalist said, while speaking to Geo Tez Saturday night.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“When I wrote an article that mentioned him, his wife probably did not like that another woman whom she did not know praised him so much. So she asked him to stop talking to me. Despite that, he (Tharoor) kept following me on Twitter after which she said stop following her (Tarar) on Twitter.
“I don’t know why she had a problem about me talking to her husband over phone or email. The conversations I had with him is something that I can have with anyone, anywhere in the world,” she said.
Tarar, mother of a 13-year-old boy, then surprisingly went on an all-out attack on Pushkar. “Have you googled? You will find that problems emerged in their marriage since May and June. I was not involved in their life. At that time, neither did she know me nor was she blaming me for anything.
“Google their names and you will see what will appear. ‘Marriage is about to break’. ‘Trouble in paradise’. ‘Fairytale is over’. News have been appearing about their marriage for long”.
She said Pushkar first attacked her after an interview she did with Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
“She (Pushkar) tweeted saying why has our CM spoken to a Pakistani journalist. First Pakistan sends Army and then sends journalist. She started fighting with me,” Tarar said.
She claimed she was a “victim of conspiracy”.
“Everything has happened to me. A Pakistani woman sitting here cannot spoil their marriage,” she said.