In yet another incident of ceasefire violation, the Pakistani Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on forward Border Security Force positions along the international border in R S Pura sector during wee hours of Sunday.
Sources said that the first bursts of fire came from Pakistani posts across R S Pura on BSF naka points around 1.15 am. After nearly an hour, another burst of fire came again from across the border, but the BSF did not retaliate.
However, one and a half hour thereafter, Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing on BSF posts in Arnia sector at 2.35 . The BSF troops initially kept restraint, but when firing from across the border intensified, the BSF retaliated around 3.30 am.
The exchange of fire between the two sides continued in Arnia sector till 6 am, while intermittent exchange of fire was continuing in R S Pura sector till reports last came in.
During the last one week, this has been the ninth incident of ceasefire violation by Pakistan. Early last week, two BSF jawans and an equal number of civilians were injured in Pakistani mortar shelling in Arnia sector. Some houses on the Indian side were also damaged.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Tension has been mounting along the international border in R S Pura and Arnia sectors following repeated incidents of ceasefire violation by Pakistan Rangers during the last many days. In view of the mounting tension, there had been no exchange of sweets between the two sides on the international border in Jammu frontier despite Pakistan’s goodwill gesture of returning BSF jawan to India after he had swept across the border by Chenab waters.