Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire for the third time in nine days by firing with small arms and automatic weapons on Indian posts along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district.
Army troops guarding the borderline retaliated and the exchanges between the two sides continued till 2345 hours last night. “Pakistani troops resorted to small arms and automatic weapons firing on Indian posts along the LoC in Mendhar sector in Poonch district from 2330 hours last night,” a defence spokesperson said on Saturday.
Army troops guarding the borderline fired back resulting in intermittent exchanges of fire, he said, adding “firing exchanges continued for 2345 hours.” There was no loss of life or injury to anyone on this side of the LoC, the spokesperson said.
This is the third incident of ceasefire violation in the past nine days along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir. On April 28, Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire by firing on Indian posts along the LoC in Bhimber Gali in Rajouri district.
Earlier on April 25, they had fired with small arms and mortars on Indian posts in Doda battalion areas in Poonch district.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“There were inputs that militants were trying to infiltrate to this side and the firing was probably a ploy to ensure infiltration of terrorist under the cover of it,” an army officer said.