Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops targeted several Indian positions in Naushera sector of Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani Army started “unprovoked” firing on Indian positions at 9:25 last night and the firing lasted till 11:45 PM, a defence spokesman said on Saturday.
“Our troops effectively retaliated to the unprovoked firing from across the border,” the spokesman said.
- J&K: BSF jawan shot by colleague in Bandipora
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Poonch, Indian Army 'retaliating effectively and strongly'
- Ceasefire violation in Poonch: Jawan, porter killed, 8 injured in mortar shelling from Pakistan
- J&K: Pakistan shells border posts in Arnia, RS Pura sectors; two BSF jawans among 5 injured
- After two-day lull, Pakistani troops shell BSF posts in Jammu
- Pakistan resorts to ceasefire violation in Poonch district along LoC
He said no loss of life or injury was reported from the Indian side when the reports last came in.
There has seen a sudden spurt of ceasefire violations from across the border this month.
A woman was killed and six others, including two BSF jawans, were injured on July 15 in firing and mortar shelling in Jammu district by Pakistan Rangers.
On July 9, Pakistani troops had fired at a forward border post in North Kashmir killing a BSF jawan.
On July 5, a BSF jawan was killed in Pakistani firing along LoC in Nougam sector in Kashmir Valley.