Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops targeted several Indian positions in Naushera sector of Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani Army started “unprovoked” firing on Indian positions at 9:25 last night and the firing lasted till 11:45 PM, a defence spokesman said on Saturday.
“Our troops effectively retaliated to the unprovoked firing from across the border,” the spokesman said.
- Soldier dies in fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan, Army retaliates with massive fire assault
- J&K: 4 Pak posts destroyed in fire assault in Keran, heavy casualties inflicted, says Army
- Ceasefire violation: One killed as Pak Rangers target 17 BOPs, villages in Jammu
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire along LoC in Jammu
- Ceasefire violations by Pakistan: All you need to know
- Pakistan violates ceasefire thrice in 12-hours
He said no loss of life or injury was reported from the Indian side when the reports last came in.
There has seen a sudden spurt of ceasefire violations from across the border this month.
A woman was killed and six others, including two BSF jawans, were injured on July 15 in firing and mortar shelling in Jammu district by Pakistan Rangers.
On July 9, Pakistani troops had fired at a forward border post in North Kashmir killing a BSF jawan.
On July 5, a BSF jawan was killed in Pakistani firing along LoC in Nougam sector in Kashmir Valley.