In yet another incident of ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing at forward Indian positions in Balakite sector in Poonch district during wee hours of Friday.
Defence Ministry spokesman Lt Colobel Maneesh Mehta said that the Pakistani troops resorted to firing from small arms and automatic weapons around 12.35 am, and the firing continued till 1.30 am.
The Indian Army also retaliated. However, there was no casualty or damage on the Indian side.
In the last one month, there has been spurt in incidents of ceasefire violations from Pakistan. Sources attribute it to desperate attempts by Pakistani troops to push in armed terrorists from their side into the state.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched