Three days after targeting Indian positions in Shahpur areas of Poonch with mortars and small arms fire, Pakistani troops opened unprovoked firing on Bimbhar Gali (BG) area in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Defence Ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Maneesh Mehta said that ceasefire violation came at 5.15 am with Pakistani troops resorting to use of small arms and automatic weapons. The Indian army also retaliated and the intermittent exchange of fire between the two sides was in progress till afternoon, he said, adding that there was no loss of life or damage to property on the Indian side.
Last time, the Pakistani troops had resorted to unprovoked firing from across the LoC on Shahpur area in Poonch district on April 25. That time also, the Indian army had retaliated and the exchange of fire between them continued for over three hours.
These latest incidents of ceasefire violation by Pakistan have come after a lull of nearly four months along the LoC as they had earlier resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian side first in Uri sector of Kashmir on January 26 and then at Balakote (Poonch) in Jammu region on January 29.
Though both the countries had since December last meeting between their Director General Military Operations (DGMOs) at Wagah and Brigade Commanders at Chakkan Da Bagh in Poonch, these border skirmishes have not come to an end. Sources attributed incidents of ceasefire violation by Pakistan to its attempts to push armed terrorists from across the LoC into the state.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016