In another major incident of ceasefire violation after the installation of Narendra Modi government at the Centre, Pakistani Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on the Indian side along the international border, killing a BSF jawan and injuring two others among six people at Kaku Da Kothey in Arnia sector on Wednesday.
Identifying the deceased jawan as Sanjay Dhar of Punjab, sources said that the Pakistani fire came around 1115 hrs when local villagers were working in their fields near the international border. In the first volley of shots, some BSF jawans at nearby Pittal post too got injured.
The BSF personnel retaliated and the exchange of fire at intermittent intervals were going on till afternoon. Senior BSF officials have rushed to the spot, while the injured have been admitted to hospitals at R S Pura and in Jammu.
The injured include ASI Sham Lal and constable Som Raj, both of 192 Battalion, besides civilians Jai Nandan, Jatta Nandan, both brothers and Jawar Nandan – all residents of Bihar and working as agricultural labourers in paddy fields, and Mukesh Kumar – a local.
Significantly, the Pakistani fire has come two days after Army Chief General Bikram Singh visited the state to review situation along the borders with both Pakistan and China.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016