The Border Security Force man, who got swept across the border by a strong current of the Chenab river in Pargwal area of Akhnoor, will be returning to India on Friday as per the message conveyed by the Pakistan Rangers to BSF officials on Thursday.
The message from across the border came after the BSF established contact at the company commander-level with Pakistan along the international border in Pargwal area on Thursday, sources said. The Pakistan Rangers said that BSF’s Satyasheel Yadav will be sent back on Friday, adding that the handing over is likely to take place at the Octroi Post in Suchetgarh sector.
“India today raised diplomatically both in India and Islamabad the issue of expeditious release of a BSF constable apprehended by Pakistani Rangers. The Pakistan deputy high commissioner in New Delhi was called to South Block where Joint Secretary Rudrendra Tandon conveyed the Indian request. A similar request was also made by Indian mission officials in Islamabad,” MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said in a statement.
Satyasheel Yadav of 33 Battalion’s C Company, was part of a six-member team patrolling the river along the border around noon on Wednesday, sources said, adding that suddenly their boat developed a snag and started drifting towards Pakistan due to the strong current. Five of them swam to safety while Satyasheel, who does not know how to swim, stayed on the boat and drifted towards Pakistan, sources said.
After about half an hour he reached Sialkot in Pakistan and was rescued by civilians who handed him over to the Pakistan Rangers.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review