Violating the ceasefire yet again, Pakistani Rangers resorted to firing of mortar bombs on border out posts along the International Border in Jammu district.
“Pakistan Rangers resorted to firing of two mortar bombs on BoPs along IB in R S Pura sector around 10.40 PM last night”, a senior BSF officer said today.
- J-K: Residents of border hamlets living in fear due to Pakistan firing
- Residents of border villages living in fear due to Pakistani firing
- J-K: BSF jawan among three killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistan along international border
- J-K: Teenage girl killed in shelling by Pakistani Rangers in Arnia sector
- J&K: Pakistan troops violate ceasefire in Poonch, Rajouri districts; Indian troops retaliating
- BSF, Pak Rangers exchange gunfire in Samba sector
BSF troops guarding the borderline did not retaliate, he said.
“There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the Pakistani firing”, he said.
This is second ceasefire violation along the IB in 12 hours.
Yesterday, Pakistani Rangers violated the ceasefire by resorting to small arms firing and mortar shelling on 23 BoPs along the IB in Akhnoor sector in Jammu district, drawing retaliation from the BSF.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire four time on July 29 and July 30 along the LoC.
There have been three incidents of sniper attacks by Pakistani troops along the LoC in July. An Army jawan was killed in Poonch and two BSF jawans were killed in similar incidents along the LoC in Kashmir Valley.
There have been 18 ceasefire violations along the Indo-Pak border in July in which four persons, including three jawans, were killed and 14 others injured.