Separatist leader and chairman of Jammu & Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party Shabir Shah was detained by the police after his supporters waved Pakistani flags in south Kashmir’s Anantnag town.
- PM Modi to visit J&K tomorrow: Security forces put on high alert, separatists call for shutdown
- J&K: Mirwaiz Umar Farooq detained for trying to defy house arrest
- Pak flags displayed during Hurriyat procession in Kashmir
- ED issues fresh summons to Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Shah
- In Delhi, Kashmiri separatists are held, Pakistan reception still on
- Masarat Alam back in jail for ‘sedition’, BJP says we got it done
Soon after the Friday prayers ended, he started addressing a rally during which his supporters waved Pakistani flags and raised slogans. After the rally, Shah along with another party leader was detained by the police near Khanabal. Shah was taken to an undisclosed location.
Earlier, Home Minister Rajnath Singh had issued stern warning over raising Pakistani flags in the Valley. Last Friday, the J&K police registered a case after Pakistani flags were waived during a protest rally led by Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq.