In yet another ceasefire violation,Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector,forcing Indian troops to retaliate strongly,a defence spokesman said on Sunday.
Pakistani troops fired on Indian forward posts along LoC in Krishna Ghati,Balakote and Hamirpur belts of Poonch district around 2345 hours last night,defence spokesman S N Acharya said.
Pakistan used heavy calibre weaponry apart from mortars and rockets to target Indian positions forcing troops guarding the borderline to retaliate effectively,he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
There have been 13 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops in past eight days,Army officials said.
70 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops have taken place this year from January 1 to August 5,which is 85 per cent more than those during the same period last year,they added.