In yet another ceasefire violation,Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector,forcing Indian troops to retaliate strongly,a defence spokesman said on Sunday.
Pakistani troops fired on Indian forward posts along LoC in Krishna Ghati,Balakote and Hamirpur belts of Poonch district around 2345 hours last night,defence spokesman S N Acharya said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Pakistan used heavy calibre weaponry apart from mortars and rockets to target Indian positions forcing troops guarding the borderline to retaliate effectively,he said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
There have been 13 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops in past eight days,Army officials said.
70 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops have taken place this year from January 1 to August 5,which is 85 per cent more than those during the same period last year,they added.