In continued incidents of ceasefire violation along the international border in Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan Rangers have resorted to unprovoked firing at various places in Arnia area of R S Pura sector near Jammu since Tuesday night.
According to a BSF spokesperson, the trouble followed a burst of fire from Pakistan side around 9 pm on Tuesday. The BSF did not retaliate and firing from across the border stopped.
However, after a brief lull, it re-started around 1.30 am with Pakistan Rangers targeting BSF posts in Chinaz and Pittal areas. The latter also retaliated and the exchange of firing continued till morning. There was no damage or injury on the Indian side.
This has been the fifth incident of ceasefire violation by Pakistan during the last three days after it released a BSF jawan, who was swept away across the border by Chenab waters, as a goodwill gesture.
Sources attribute increased incidents of ceasefire violation to attempts by Pakistan to provide cover to armed terrorists who have been making desperate attempts to sneak into the state ahead of Independence Day and also the upcoming assembly polls.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More