In continued incidents of ceasefire violation along the borders in Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked small arms fire on three forward Indian positions along the Line of Control in Balakiote sector Friday evening.
Confirming this, a defence ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Maneesh Mehta said that small arms fire from across the LoC continued from 1650 to 1730 hrs. The Indian side too retaliated with equal caliber weapons, he added.
Significantly, the latest ceasefire violation from Pakistan side has been third along the LoC since Tuesday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
On Wednesday night, a group of armed terrorists had tried to sneak into the Indian territory from across the LoC in Balakote area. The alert troops, however, opened fire making them to flee back to the side of Pakistan occupied Kashmir. The previous day also, terrorists had made an unsuccessful attempt to cross over the LoC in the same area.