Violating the ceasefire, Pakistani troops on Wednesday resorted to small arms firing on Indian forward posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, drawing retaliation from border guards.
“Enemy (Pakistani troops) fired from their small arms (on Indian forward posts along the LoC) in Balakote sector at around 1500 hours,” Public Relations Officer (Defence), Jammu, said.
“There was ceasefire violation by them,” he said adding Indian troops guarding the borderline fired back resulting in exchanges which lasted five minutes.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“There was no damage or casualty on our side in the cross-border firing,” the Defence PRO said.
Pakistan has committed ceasefire violations 195 times along the Line of Control last year.
The number of truce violations by Pakistani troops in 2012, 2011, 2010 was 93, 51 and 44 respectively.