Violating the ceasefire, Pakistani troops on Wednesday resorted to small arms firing on Indian forward posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, drawing retaliation from border guards.
“Enemy (Pakistani troops) fired from their small arms (on Indian forward posts along the LoC) in Balakote sector at around 1500 hours,” Public Relations Officer (Defence), Jammu, said.
“There was ceasefire violation by them,” he said adding Indian troops guarding the borderline fired back resulting in exchanges which lasted five minutes.
“There was no damage or casualty on our side in the cross-border firing,” the Defence PRO said.
Pakistan has committed ceasefire violations 195 times along the Line of Control last year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The number of truce violations by Pakistani troops in 2012, 2011, 2010 was 93, 51 and 44 respectively.