Pakistani troops continued unprovoked firing on forward Indian positions along the Line or Control in Jammu Kashmir for the second day today.
A defence ministry spokesman Lt Col Maneesh Mehta said that Pakistani troops carried out unprovoked firing with small and automatic weapons in Mendhar sector around 11:30 am. The Indian army retailiated and the exchange of fire was continuing till reports last came in.
It has been second incident of ceasefire violation along the LoC in Jammu region during the last 48 hours as Pakistani troops had on Saturday opened fire at Indian positions in Poonch sector. These latest incidents of ceasefire violation have followed release of a BSF Jawan to India by Pakistani Rangers a day earlier. The jawan was swept to the Pakistani side by strong water currents of river Chenab.
“Pakistani troops targeted Indian posts by resorting to unprovoked firing from small arms and automatic weapons in Mendhar sector in Poonch district of Jammu & Kashmir at 11:30 hours today,” Defence Spokesman Lt Col Manish Mehta said.
The Indian troops guarding the border with Pakistan took positions and fired back with equal calibre weapons, resulting in intermittent exchange of fire, he said. “There was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing on this side of LoC,” Lt Col Mehta said, adding “the firing exchange continued till the time last reports came in”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
(With PTI inputs)