The J&K House Saturday passed a Bill allowing for reservation in government jobs to Pahari-speaking people in the state. The Bill was introduced and passed on the last day of the Assembly session and is aimed to attract votes from the Pahari-speaking communities.
The Bill was passed in the House with a voice vote with only the National Panther’s party (NPP) leader Harshdev Singh voicing reservations over “lacunae” in the Bill. “This Bill is ambiguous,” Harshdev Singh said. “There is no mechanism to find who is a Pahari-speaking person. Tomorrow anyone may claim to be a Pahari”.
Singh said the government should have brought this Bill in advance so that some amendments could have been proposed and demanded that it be sent to the select committee. Singh also criticised the “casual” manner in which the government tabled the bill before the house. The Bill tabled in the House sought reservation for Pahari speaking people “living in backward areas”.
However, sometime later a corrigendum was submitted seeking reservation for Pahari-speaking people “living in various parts of the state”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More