The owner of tourist ferry MV Aqua marine which left 21 people dead after it sank in sea while sailing from Ross Island in the Andamans on January 26 has been remanded to judicial custody after her arrest.
I Jaya was arrested after prolonged interrogation and produced in court which remanded her to judicial custody for a day on Wednesday.
The ferry disaster which left 21 tourists dead would be investigated by a team of officials led by Deputy Superintendent of Police N Rasheed and Inspector S S Rathore, official sources said.
The statements of several witnesses have been taken.
Underwater photography of the sunken ferry has been done by experts.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Earlier, the master, manager and crew of the ferry were taken into police custody.