The owner of tourist ferry MV Aqua marine which left 21 people dead after it sank in sea while sailing from Ross Island in the Andamans on January 26 has been remanded to judicial custody after her arrest.
I Jaya was arrested after prolonged interrogation and produced in court which remanded her to judicial custody for a day on Wednesday.
The ferry disaster which left 21 tourists dead would be investigated by a team of officials led by Deputy Superintendent of Police N Rasheed and Inspector S S Rathore, official sources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The statements of several witnesses have been taken.
Underwater photography of the sunken ferry has been done by experts.
Earlier, the master, manager and crew of the ferry were taken into police custody.