A multi-layered security apparatus has been put in place for Narendra Modi’s swearing-in as India’s 15th Prime Minister at forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan tomorrow, to be witnessed by nearly 4000 invitees including heads of state and government of SAARC nations.
More than 6000 security personnel will keep a hawk-eyed vigil even as a ground-to-air security system at par with the one placed during the Republic Day parade has been put in place for the ceremony.
“We have made elaborate security arrangements for the swearing in ceremony. Prohibitory orders have been put in place in the New Delhi district. Full air defence grid is place. Any airborne activity including hot air balloons will not be allowed. We are on guard against terror act,” said Joint Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) M K Meena.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
IAF has put in place an air defence system to secure the skies. Anti-aircraft guns have been placed at classified locations. Snipers will be deployed at all high-rise buildings around the high-security area hours before the ceremony begins at 6 PM at forecourt lawn of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Mobile hit teams, Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) have been deployed besides paramilitary and Delhi Police commandos to secure the area. Dog squad and bomb-disposal squads have already sanitised the venue but the drill will also be repeated several times tomorrow. NSG commandos will be responsible for the inner layer of security.
All buildings like North Block, South Block and defence buildings around Rashtrapati Bhavan will be shut at 1 PM following which they will be sanitised by security agencies and their roof tops will be secured, police said.
“In the restricted areas, only official vehicles and bonafide residents will be allowed. Commandos and local police will strengthen the operations of traffic police. Till the time all invitees leave the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the security blanket will be operational,” said Meena.
Talking about security for the bilateral talks slated to be held on Tuesday, Meena said that full security drill is in place for the meeting.
“Prohibitory orders are in place in the New Delhi area till Tuesday,” he said.