A multi-layered security apparatus has been put in place for Narendra Modi’s swearing-in as India’s 15th Prime Minister at forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan tomorrow, to be witnessed by nearly 4000 invitees including heads of state and government of SAARC nations.
More than 6000 security personnel will keep a hawk-eyed vigil even as a ground-to-air security system at par with the one placed during the Republic Day parade has been put in place for the ceremony.
“We have made elaborate security arrangements for the swearing in ceremony. Prohibitory orders have been put in place in the New Delhi district. Full air defence grid is place. Any airborne activity including hot air balloons will not be allowed. We are on guard against terror act,” said Joint Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) M K Meena.
IAF has put in place an air defence system to secure the skies. Anti-aircraft guns have been placed at classified locations. Snipers will be deployed at all high-rise buildings around the high-security area hours before the ceremony begins at 6 PM at forecourt lawn of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Mobile hit teams, Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) have been deployed besides paramilitary and Delhi Police commandos to secure the area. Dog squad and bomb-disposal squads have already sanitised the venue but the drill will also be repeated several times tomorrow. NSG commandos will be responsible for the inner layer of security.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
All buildings like North Block, South Block and defence buildings around Rashtrapati Bhavan will be shut at 1 PM following which they will be sanitised by security agencies and their roof tops will be secured, police said.
“In the restricted areas, only official vehicles and bonafide residents will be allowed. Commandos and local police will strengthen the operations of traffic police. Till the time all invitees leave the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the security blanket will be operational,” said Meena.
Talking about security for the bilateral talks slated to be held on Tuesday, Meena said that full security drill is in place for the meeting.
“Prohibitory orders are in place in the New Delhi area till Tuesday,” he said.