The General Election has created a huge buzz on micro-blogging platform Twitter with over 6.28 lakh poll-related tweets being posted in the last 24 hours, reaching out to more than 169 crore users across the globe.
Candidates, journalists and citizens have been using the Twitter platform extensively to discover elections content, converse with others in real time, and express their views, said Twitter in a statement.
“Total elections-related Tweets over the past 24 hours equaled 628,467…reach…equalled 1.69 billion,” Twitter said. Social worker and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi’s tweet on reason to vote for Modi was among most retweeted, followed by Modi’s tweet appealing for voter to cast their vote in 91 Lok Sabha seats, 70 seats for Odisha Assembly and by-election in Maharashtra on Thursday.
Tweet of a journalist Anurag Dhanda, questioning earlier statement made by Modi of him being alone and now admission of his marriage before election commission, was third most retweeted post on the social networking platform. Twitter said four out of five topic trending on its platform were related to election topics.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review