The General Election has created a huge buzz on micro-blogging platform Twitter with over 6.28 lakh poll-related tweets being posted in the last 24 hours, reaching out to more than 169 crore users across the globe.
Candidates, journalists and citizens have been using the Twitter platform extensively to discover elections content, converse with others in real time, and express their views, said Twitter in a statement.
Name of Bhartiya Janata Party’s Prime Ministerial candidate ‘Narendra Modi’ was used most of the time in tweets, followed by term ‘Aam Aadmi Party’ and ‘#iamwithcongress’.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Total elections-related Tweets over the past 24 hours equaled 628,467…reach…equalled 1.69 billion,” Twitter said. Social worker and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi’s tweet on reason to vote for Modi was among most retweeted, followed by Modi’s tweet appealing for voter to cast their vote in 91 Lok Sabha seats, 70 seats for Odisha Assembly and by-election in Maharashtra on Thursday.
Tweet of a journalist Anurag Dhanda, questioning earlier statement made by Modi of him being alone and now admission of his marriage before election commission, was third most retweeted post on the social networking platform. Twitter said four out of five topic trending on its platform were related to election topics.