Over 33 thousand displaced riots victims of the Muzaffarnagar communal violence have applied to enrol in electoral list from new places in the district, a senior official said here on Tuesday.
“At least 33,022 people displaced due to riots have applied for the enrolment in voter list and it is being considered to enrol them from new places,” District Magistrate and District Election officer Koshal Raj Sharma said.
To facilitate enrolment of people displaced during Muzaffarnagar riots in electoral list, the Election Commission has launched a special drive in 22 villages where the riots victims have been rehabilitated.
The riots in Muzaffarnagar in September last year left over 60 people dead and rendered 40,000 homeless who had to seek shelter in relief camps.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More