There has been widespread uproar after The Indian Express reported that a group of around 11 Shiv Sena MPs, apparently angry over not being served Maharashtrian food, allegedly forced a Muslim catering superviser, who was fasting for Ramzan, to eat a chapati at the new Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi last week.
While there were statements both for and against over the issue from across party lines, there were several reactions on social media as well. Here are some such reactions from Twitter:
Hardly any difference left between elected members of parliament and bigoted ruffians in the street.Deplorable conduct of Shiv Sena MPs.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
— S l Habib (@irfhabib) July 23, 2014
Even if Shiv Sena MPs did not know the religion of the employee,tomorrow I dont like food sumwhr will I force it down the manager’s throat? — Mehran Zaidi (@mehranzaidi) July 23, 2014
Ever since the BJP has come into power, extreme right wing Hindutva forces seem to have become emboldened.The Shiv Sena incident is proof. — Sanjay Jha (@JhaSanjay) July 23, 2014
Shiv Sena men force feeding a Muslim on roza is UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL. Such lawless, uncouth behavior deserves strictest punishment — Madhu Kishwar (@madhukishwar) July 23, 2014
Disgusting behaviour by Shiv Sena MPs. Shows Ajit Pawar of the NCP is not the only crude politician in Maharashtra. — T S Sudhir (@Iamtssudhir) July 23, 2014
From the south Indians to Muslims to North Indians, to youngsters to women who is it that Shiv Sena has not targeted? #NewLow
— Tehseen Poonawalla (@tehseenp) July 23, 2014
constitution provides right to live follow our religion but shivsena MPs doesn’t believe and forced muslim man to eat chapati while his roza
— ashutosh mishra (@ashu3page) July 23, 2014
Those who are fasting must send Maharashtrian food to the Shiv Sena MP’s home in Thane. That would be the most dignified way to protest!!
— Mahesh Bhatt (@MaheshNBhatt) July 23, 2014
Free advice to the BJP: fight the coming elections without the Shiv Sena in Maharashtra. Chances of winning will improve.
— Tavleen Singh (@tavleen_singh) July 23, 2014
Its not the #ShivSena thuggery that is horrifying , Its the message that it carries. There is nothing stopping us now, we are in power
— Rana Ayyub (@RanaAyyub) July 23, 2014