The Orissa Police Friday sent extradition request for Mathieu Nicolas Furic, a French national who six months ago was booked by Puri police on charges of having unnatural sex with a group of minor boys on the beach. Furic, 46, who had fled Orissa after the FIR, was arrested in Namibia four days ago.
Sources said the home department sent the extradition request to the NCB-Interpol office in New Delhi which would be forwarded to the Namibian government. The Interpol has already issued a Red alert notice against him. Sources in state home department said the extradition request has been sent with court documents, a copy of the FIR and an affidavit.
On December 2 last year, James Foster Gorman, a former military officer from Topeka in the US, had filed a complaint with the Sea Beach Police of Puri that Furic allegedly had sex with a group of minor boys at the Penthakota beach on November 26.
He also submitted a video to the police on a conversation with the boys he had subsequently. Goran claimed that he was assaulted by Furic when he objected. Furic had arrived in Puri on November 18. After receiving the complaint, the police went to the hotel where Furic had stayed, but he had left it on November 26.
A lookout notice for Furic was issued at all airports and ports. A case was registered against Furic under sections 18 and 12 of the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences Act, 2012. Sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 323 (causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC were also filed against him.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
A human rights activist has also filed a case before the National Human Rights Commission in this regard.
The police said Furic was arrested last Friday at the Walvis Bay airport of Namibia and was denied bail at the Windhoek Magistrate court.