A local court has reserved its order for February 22, on an application charging self-styled godman Asaram’s son Narayan Sai of donning a Sikh turban during his arrest in December last year.
First class judicial magistrate Manoj Kumar Ladiya reserved his judgement on the application filed by Gagandeep Singh Bhati, president of local Yuva Sikh Morcha after arguments in the case ended yesterday.
Gagandeep’s lawyer Inder Singh Bhatia said the court will announce its decision on February 22 on whether or not a case should be proceeded against Sai or not.
Sai was wearing a red turban when he was arrested in early December last after evading arrest for 58 days. The father-son duo is facing cases of sexual assault. 40-year-old Sai was apprehended from Haryana-Delhi border in the sexual assault case lodged against him by an inmate of his Surat-based ashram. He himself had admitted to police on December 11 that he had physical relationship with eight of his female disciples.
Two Surat-based sisters had lodged complaints against Sai and his father of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges while staying in the Gujarat ashram.
In her complaint, the younger of the two sisters had accused Sai of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living at the Surat ashram. While his father and controversial spiritual guru Asaram has been lodged in the Central Jail in Jodhpur since his arrest in August 2013 on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl in his ‘ashram’ there besides being accused of raping the Surat girls.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review