Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take into confidence the states before taking a decision on the future of Planning Commission.
In a letter to the Prime Minister, he said the “unilateral” announcement made him (Modi) in his Independence day speech had raised “several concerns” for the state governments.
“These major changes in policy need to be discussed and addressed by state governments also,” Chandy said.
The guidelines for determination of plan allocation are formulation based on the advice of experts in the planning commission. “It is not clear as what would be the new mechanism to do this exercise”, he said.
“If this responsibility is entrusted to Central Ministry of Finance, it would adversely affect the federal system,” he added. Amidst volley of protests from Congress leaders to the proposal to wind up the Planning Commission, Chandy had on August 20 chose to adopt a “wait-and-watch” approach on the issue.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
“Let us see what the new system is. After knowing it, I will react,” he had said when reporters asked him about Modi’s announcement.