State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has shut some wells on two onland gas fields in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh following a fire in a pipeline that carried the gas to consumers.
A fire was reported at 0530 hours in state gas utility GAIL India Ltd’s pipeline that carries gas to Lanco’s Kondapalli power plant near Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh. At least 15 persons are reported to have been killed in the fire which followed a blast.
GAIL has shut the recently built 18-inch pipeline following the fire.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The pipeline carried gas from our fields to consumers. Naturally if the pipeline is not there we have to shut some wells,” ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Dinesh K Sarraf said.
Production will not be impacted much, he said.
ONGC Director (Onshore) Ashok Varma said the fire occurred a few hundred meters from ONGC’s Tatipaka Refinery at Nagaram village in Amalapuram Mandal.
“Fields that fed gas into the pipeline will be impacted. Some wells are being shut,” he said, adding that gas supplies will be restored once the pipeline is repaired.
The pipeline where the incident occurred was a dedicated line carrying gas to Lanco’s 1,466 MW Kondapalli power plant.
Supplies to the plant are being arranged through alternate lines.