A civilian was killed and two policemen were injured as militants attacked a police vehicle in Pampore area in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Wednesday.
The militants opened fire on the vehicle of a Deputy Superintendent of Police at Gallander area around 7:45 PM resulting in death of the civilian and injuries to two personal security guards of the officer, a police spokesman said.
The identity of the deceased civilian could not be ascertained so far.
No militant group has claimed responsibility for the attack, which was third on the security forces in the past two days.
A constable of Railway Protection Force (RPF) was Tuesday shot dead by militants in Pulwama district.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Eight BSF personnel, including an officer, were injured when militants had attacked their convoy at Pampore on the intervening night of August 11 and August 12.