A 19-year-old college girl was gang-raped allegedly by four youths at Bhapur forest in Odisha’s Nayagarh district, police said on Saturday.
The police have arrested all the four youths including the main accused Santosh Panigrahi (25), who happens to be the boyfriend of the victim, Commissioner of Police (CP) R K Sharma said.
The incident took place on February 13, a day before the Valentine Day, the police said when the girl was lured to a forest area in nearby Nayagarh district by her boyfriend on a bike where three of Panigrahi’s friend also joined him.
The accused, were identified as Santosh Panigrahi (25) alias Mitu, Daka Jena (25) alias Bapi, Bhaskar Sahoo (26) alias Lipu and Sadananda Bharatiya (22) alias Sonu – all from Kurala village in Nayagarh district.
Both the victim and accused were sent for medical examination.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Inspector-in-charge (IIC) of Mahila police station Sarojini Nayak said Santosh Panigrahi who is pursuing his MCA degree in a private engineering college and staying at Bhimtangi area under Lingaraj Police limits had developed an affair with the girl barely 20 days ago.
The relationship between them began through online chat, she said. The victim hails from Bihar and was pursuing her Class 12th studies in a well-known local college in Bhubaneswar.
Sharma said the four allegedly gang-raped the girl and dropped her in evening at Jayadev Vihar where the victim stays.
They also threatened her of dire consequences if she dared to inform the police, the IIC said.