A 19-year-old college girl was gang-raped allegedly by four youths at Bhapur forest in Odisha’s Nayagarh district, police said on Saturday.
The police have arrested all the four youths including the main accused Santosh Panigrahi (25), who happens to be the boyfriend of the victim, Commissioner of Police (CP) R K Sharma said.
The incident took place on February 13, a day before the Valentine Day, the police said when the girl was lured to a forest area in nearby Nayagarh district by her boyfriend on a bike where three of Panigrahi’s friend also joined him.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The accused, were identified as Santosh Panigrahi (25) alias Mitu, Daka Jena (25) alias Bapi, Bhaskar Sahoo (26) alias Lipu and Sadananda Bharatiya (22) alias Sonu – all from Kurala village in Nayagarh district.
Both the victim and accused were sent for medical examination.
Inspector-in-charge (IIC) of Mahila police station Sarojini Nayak said Santosh Panigrahi who is pursuing his MCA degree in a private engineering college and staying at Bhimtangi area under Lingaraj Police limits had developed an affair with the girl barely 20 days ago.
The relationship between them began through online chat, she said. The victim hails from Bihar and was pursuing her Class 12th studies in a well-known local college in Bhubaneswar.
Sharma said the four allegedly gang-raped the girl and dropped her in evening at Jayadev Vihar where the victim stays.
They also threatened her of dire consequences if she dared to inform the police, the IIC said.