Nothing will be allowed to obstruct the flow of the Ganga or dirty its sacred waters, Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Saturday said.
“We will spare no effort to ensure that the river flows relentlessly. No construction along its banks or on the course of the river will be allowed to obstruct its flow,” Bharti said.
Not even water treated at a water treatment plant will be allowed to flow into the river and pollute its sacred waters which she referred to as ‘Brahma Dravya’. She said an elaborate and effective plan is being prepared to clean the Ganga but it will be implemented only after holding consultations with representatives of the state.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
To a question she said the interest of Uttarakhand will not be allowed to suffer and numerous job opportunities for locals will be created. Asked to comment on Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati’s controversial remarks on Sai Baba, the Union Minister said the Shankaracharya was a like a father figure to her but she had faith in Sai Baba who never claimed he was god.