A US-based NRI has been booked for allegedly posting a morphed picture of Goa’s PWD Minister Sudin Dhavalikar in a bikini on social networking site Facebook.
Dhavalikar had recently stoked a controversy by saying that “wearing bikinis should be banned on Goa’s beaches.” Later, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had ruled out banning wearing of the swimwear on the state’s beaches.
An FIR was filed on Monday under sections 66(B) and 67 of the Information Technology Act, following a complaint by a local man, Pradeep Bakhle against Goa born Savio Almeida, Ponda Deputy Superintendent of Police Dinraj Govekar said on Wednesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to police, Almeida recently posted a morphed picture of Dhavalikar showing him in the bikini on Facebook.
“The FIR has been filed under Information Technology Act after we received the complaint. The case has been forwarded to seniors who will take call on it. They might hand it over to cyber crime cell,” Govekar said.