A US-based NRI has been booked for allegedly posting a morphed picture of Goa’s PWD Minister Sudin Dhavalikar in a bikini on social networking site Facebook.
Dhavalikar had recently stoked a controversy by saying that “wearing bikinis should be banned on Goa’s beaches.” Later, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had ruled out banning wearing of the swimwear on the state’s beaches.
An FIR was filed on Monday under sections 66(B) and 67 of the Information Technology Act, following a complaint by a local man, Pradeep Bakhle against Goa born Savio Almeida, Ponda Deputy Superintendent of Police Dinraj Govekar said on Wednesday.
According to police, Almeida recently posted a morphed picture of Dhavalikar showing him in the bikini on Facebook.
“The FIR has been filed under Information Technology Act after we received the complaint. The case has been forwarded to seniors who will take call on it. They might hand it over to cyber crime cell,” Govekar said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More