In a fresh case of a northeastern youth being attacked in the national capital, a 22-year-oldManipuri man was stabbed by some unidentified men in south Delhi’s Mehrauli area in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The man identified as Ksupsikren was stabbed in his stomach and has been admitted to a hospital in Saket, police said, adding he is out of danger now.
A group of men waylaid the victim when he was returning home from work around 4 AM, they said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Prima facie it seems to be a case of robbery. The men tried to snatch his mobile and when he resisted, they stabbed him and fled from the spot,” a police official said.
Senior police officials are on the spot and a manhunt has been launched to nab the culprits, police said.
The incident comes two days after two youths from Manipur were allegedly beaten with sticks in Ambedkar Nagar area of south Delhi on Sunday night.
A youth from Arunachal Pradesh recently died after he was allegedly assaulted by some shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area.
A 14-year-old Manipuri girl was raped in south Delhi’s Munirka area last week.