Note from Indian Express Group Chairman & Managing Director Viveck Goenka

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Updated: June 16, 2014 6:56 pm

My dear readers

Beginning today, The Indian Express has a new editorial leadership.

Shekhar Gupta, Editor-in-Chief, has stepped down after a long and very distinguished tenure. Editor Raj Kamal Jha will be Chief Editor and Managing Editor Unni Rajen Shanker will be Editor.

The new editors and I are committed to ensuring that The Indian Express remains the fiercely independent and courageous voice you can turn to and trust when there is shrillness on TV, paid news in print and corporates and politicians in media boardrooms.

Speaking truth with courage and conviction is hardwired into the genes of our editorial teams. The Express commitment to this legacy will endure. Going ahead, you will soon see exciting new changes, new centres of publication and upgrades across our publications.

One thing will not change: our commitment to keeping the newsroom the most sacred space in our institution. Where fear and favour will never enter.

Viveck Goenka
Chairman & Managing Director,
The express group

partha
    Apr 12, 2017 at 11:26 pm
    ow, editor in chief? are you look into the head lines of paper and what is stories in indian express, I was stunned to see 10th April 2017, it was shocking there was no story about PMs and Australia PM memo um of understanding and all major stories, which I expected, none of the news is there, why should I continue if you are not covering important and national news. I told to my newspaper agent not to Indian express(bangalore edition)
    Suresh Gaur
    Mar 10, 2016 at 10:41 am
    Sir I have been regular reader of IE for the last 20 years and many of my friends,relatives and colleagues have shifted to this paper. I have been fan of Mr.Shekhar Gupta for his fair and independent reporting who soever is in power. But I have recently noticed that now your newspaper is publishing the news without verifying the facts. There has been reporting on JNU affair which lateron proved wrong. It seems the inclination of newspaper favouring particular people. I may be not be correct but post Mr.Shekhar Gupta era is certainly not fair.
    Atul
    Nov 14, 2015 at 2:21 pm
    Thank you for the information Mr Chairman.But I am a regular reader of IE and as you have correctly said Mr Shekher Gupta was an independent journalist but not as independent as Mr Frank Moraes.I will let you know through these columns whether you have remained independent and impartial like Shri Ramnath Goenka who took on Indira hi during the Emergency.
    K
    Jun 16, 2014 at 2:08 pm
    Hope, with the changes in the very top editorial management of the Indian Express, the newspaper would rescale the fearless courageous exposition of scams even in the ruling establishment in its editorials and investigative reporting as seen during the days of Mr Frank Moraes at the helm of affairs, which was sadly missing in the last decade or so. Also, hope cartoons and cartoonists would return to occupy their rightful place.
    Alevoor Rajagopal
    Jun 16, 2014 at 3:23 pm
    While I agree that your demand for a chennai edition as legitimate demand I would also humbly like to say that equating chennai edition with south edition is wrong.
  6. V
    Vira
    Jun 16, 2014 at 12:47 pm
    Dear Indian Express,Kindly start a Chennai edition to cover south. It is not fair that you neglect covering south.