Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said India’s unity and integrity were “inviolable” and nobody will be allowed to break them.
“I would like to assure the countrymen that no one will be allowed to break the unity and integrity of the country be it Masarat Alam or anybody else,” Singh told reporters after addressing a rally in Kanpur.
- Kashmir is ours, won’t mind crossing border to protect it: Rajnath Singh
- Rajnath Singh: India will meet one Pakistani bullet with countless bullets
- Masarat Alam back in jail for ‘sedition’, BJP says we got it done
- Advisory sent to J&K govt to pursue all cases against Masarat, says Rajnath
- Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam’s release rocks House: PM Modi makes his anger known
- Government admits to ‘ideological differences’ with PDP
The Jammu and Kashmir government had on Thursday allowed hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to hold a rally in the outskirts of Srinagar where his supporters including Masarat Alam, released from jail last month, raised pro-Pakistan slogans and others waved Pakistani flags.
Defending the PDP-BJP coalition government of Jammu and Kashmir, Rajnath said that even state government hadn’t anticipated such anti-India activities. He also congratulated J&K Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed over the arrest of Alam.
India needs to maintain better relations with Pakistan as it is a neighbouring country. But whenever they indulge in anti-India activities, a strong message is sent to them, he said.