A day before the workers of Raj Thackeray-led MNS vandalised toll booths at various places in the state, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had said that if toll collection was stopped, construction of new roads would come to halt.
Admitting that there could be manipulations in bidding process and calculation of toll amount, Chavan on Sunday stressed the need for a regulatory authority.
“Since no public hearing is taking place and also the whole process of toll is not transparent, there is some anger among the people. (But) If toll is not collected, highways will not be built. There should be a regulatory authority,” Chavan said, talking to reporters here late last evening.
Talking about the Kolhapur toll issue where locals are opposed to toll collection at entry points on the city’s outskirts, Chavan said as per the agreement, if the company collecting the toll faces any difficulty, the government has to compensate it, and the government does not have the money.
“No construction of roads would take place. The entire process will stop,” he said. Maharashtra Navnirman Sena workers on Monday went on a rampage, vandalising toll plazas in various places, following Thackeray’s diktat not to pay the toll and “thrash” those who protest it.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More