Dharm Jagran Samanway Samtiti, an RSS affiliate, has resolved to stop conversion by 2020 and continue ghar wapsi (reconversion) so that the Hindu population increases by the next census in 2021.
DJRS has pledged to reach in the next five years all areas that have seen people being converted, particularly to Christianity. This target was given to all DJRS state chiefs at a meeting in Mumbai from August 7 to 9, sources said.
The sources quoted their national chief Mukund Rao Pansikar as saying that “we must fulfil our target of stopping all type of conversion activities and increasing efforts of ghar wapsi by 2020.” Pansikar could not be contacted by The Indian Express.
- RSS a club of bachelors, shouldn't talk about producing babies: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- After ‘ghar wapsi’ put off, wait and watch in Aligarh
- In Punjab, Sangh works for ‘return’ to Sikhism as well; SAD fumes
- The Hindu rate of oath
- Don’t want a religion that only rejects us, say the Aligarh Dalits on RSS list
- Agra a blip, RSS to step up ‘ghar wapsi’
The sources said many of the 100-odd delegates at the meeting expressed the view that ghar wapsi is more difficult in Muslim-dominated areas than it is among Christians, hence the focus on the latter areas. Also, they felt, most of those converted are from the lower castes and acceptability would not be a problem if they are “reconverted”.
The meeting saw a PowerPoint presentation that compared the growth rates of Muslims and Christians with that of Hindus. The 40 state chiefs — the RSS breaks the country into that many states for convenience — spelt out their individual targets for preventing conversion.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The DJRS is a core affiliate in which the RSS deploys 57 pracharaks, the highest for any RSS-related activity other than its own shakhas. It has many more whole-timers, who unlike pracharaks are paid an honorarium. The highest numbers of whole-timers, over 100, are posted in Chhattisgarh, where DJRS believes conversion among tribals to Christianity is the most rampant.