Assuring that there would be no “blackout” like situation in the country’s northern region, Power Minister Piyush Goyal has said the government is making adequate arrangements for supplying coal.
As per latest CEA (Central Electricity Authority) report, as many as 20 power stations in the country have fuel stocks to last less than four days.
“This is a national problem, everybody is aware of, the plant(s) will not back down…making adequate arrangements for coal,” Goyal told reporters when asked whether the coal situation could lead to a blackout in the northern region.
CEA data also showed that 38 power stations have less than seven days stock. In the northern region — Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan — 6 power stations have less than seven days stock, of which 3 have less than four days fuel.
In the western states of Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra, 16 power plants have less than a week stock, of which 10 plants are left with less than four days coal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
As many as 9 power stations in the southern region – Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala – reported less than seven days fuel, of which 3 recorded less than 4 days stock.
Seven power projects in the eastern states — Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal and Jharkhand — had less than seven days coal stock, of which four plants had less than four days fuel.
Meanwhile, Goyal today also met the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.