Assuring that there would be no “blackout” like situation in the country’s northern region, Power Minister Piyush Goyal has said the government is making adequate arrangements for supplying coal.
As per latest CEA (Central Electricity Authority) report, as many as 20 power stations in the country have fuel stocks to last less than four days.
“This is a national problem, everybody is aware of, the plant(s) will not back down…making adequate arrangements for coal,” Goyal told reporters when asked whether the coal situation could lead to a blackout in the northern region.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
CEA data also showed that 38 power stations have less than seven days stock. In the northern region — Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan — 6 power stations have less than seven days stock, of which 3 have less than four days fuel.
In the western states of Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra, 16 power plants have less than a week stock, of which 10 plants are left with less than four days coal.
As many as 9 power stations in the southern region – Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala – reported less than seven days fuel, of which 3 recorded less than 4 days stock.
Seven power projects in the eastern states — Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal and Jharkhand — had less than seven days coal stock, of which four plants had less than four days fuel.
Meanwhile, Goyal today also met the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.