Strongly backing Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s opinion on the controversial ordinance on disqualification of convicted lawmakers,Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to withdraw it at once.
“The ordinance is not proper…Rahul Gandhi has spoken the right thing,” Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
“If you stop an improper action at any stage it does not lower your prestige,but enhances it,” he said. “As the ordinance is facing criticism across the country,the right step will be its withdrawal. There is still time left as President has not given his approval to the ordinance,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Kumar said the task of making legislation on such an important issue should be left to the Parliament. Asked if the ordinance has been aimed at helping RJD chief Lalu Prasad who will face a judgement in fodder scam on Monday,Kumar said “it’s obvious.”
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi mocked Nitish Kumar for backing Rahul Gandhi and tweeted “JD(U) should openly announce to align with Congress. Nkumar not comfortable
with Namo but can chant Rahul zindabad.”
Questioning the sincerity in Gandhi’s denouncement of the ordinance,the former deputy chief minister of Bihar said,”Can Rahul Gandhi ask PM to dismiss Kapil Sibal from Cabinet for piloting this ordinance? Rahul thinks everybody is fool in this country?” “Kapil Sibal appeared for Lalu in fodder scam case. Lalu nominated him to Rajya Sabha. Now he is helping Lalu by Ordinance,” he said.