Strongly backing Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s opinion on the controversial ordinance on disqualification of convicted lawmakers,Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to withdraw it at once.
“The ordinance is not proper…Rahul Gandhi has spoken the right thing,” Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“If you stop an improper action at any stage it does not lower your prestige,but enhances it,” he said. “As the ordinance is facing criticism across the country,the right step will be its withdrawal. There is still time left as President has not given his approval to the ordinance,” he said.
Kumar said the task of making legislation on such an important issue should be left to the Parliament. Asked if the ordinance has been aimed at helping RJD chief Lalu Prasad who will face a judgement in fodder scam on Monday,Kumar said “it’s obvious.”
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi mocked Nitish Kumar for backing Rahul Gandhi and tweeted “JD(U) should openly announce to align with Congress. Nkumar not comfortable
with Namo but can chant Rahul zindabad.”
Questioning the sincerity in Gandhi’s denouncement of the ordinance,the former deputy chief minister of Bihar said,”Can Rahul Gandhi ask PM to dismiss Kapil Sibal from Cabinet for piloting this ordinance? Rahul thinks everybody is fool in this country?” “Kapil Sibal appeared for Lalu in fodder scam case. Lalu nominated him to Rajya Sabha. Now he is helping Lalu by Ordinance,” he said.