A fashion shoot named “The Wrong Turn” has created quite a ripple on social media, but for a wrong reason. The shoot has been inspired by the Nirbhaya case – the brutal gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedic student in a moving bus in Delhi. The girl later succumbed to her injuries in a Singapore hospital.
The series, posted on social network Behance, has since been removed. But though the photoshoot has been liked by over 400 people, netizens on Twitter slammed the makers of the shoot calling them insensitive.
Here are a few reactions.
‘Nirbhaya’ Gang rape themed fashion shoot!!! Really BAD judgement from whoever thought its cool.
— Nachiket Barve (@nachiketbarve) August 5, 2014
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Should I laugh at his imbecility or slap him? A Nirbhaya-inspired fashion shoot, themed: “Gangrape in a bus” http://t.co/UC2D46Oos0
— Not so old monk. (@BeSharmaji) August 5, 2014
Did i just see a fashion-spread depicting the Delhi gangrape of Nirbhaya? Disgusting!I hope all associated, die of shame! Insensitive swine!
— VISHAL DADLANI (@VishalDadlani) August 5, 2014
Are we now glamourizing rape by doing a photoshoot inspired by Nirbhaya? My stomach just churned. http://t.co/OdtgMPG4ZP
— Agratha Dinakaran (@Agratha) August 5, 2014
— Geetika Rustagi (@geetiga) August 5, 2014
A Nirbhaya-inspired fashion shoot, themed: “Gangrape in a bus.” CAN YOU BE MORE INSANE?? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! http://t.co/jpfiD1sF2y
— Aarti Madan (@AartiMadan) August 5, 2014
Someone did the Nirbhaya photoshoot thinking it’ll get him attention. And by tweeting that link endlessly, that’s EXACTLY what we’re doing.
— Vijayeta (@SacredInsanity) August 5, 2014
— Deepa Kumar (@dipaah) August 5, 2014