State media in the United Arab Emirates say 15 Asian migrant workers have been killed in a bus crash in Dubai.
The WAM news agency said the laborers were killed Saturday when their bus rammed into a truck parked on the shoulder of a major highway that passes along the outskirts of the Mideast commercial hub. Thirteen others were reported injured.
The government-owned National newspaper reported Sunday that at least nine of the dead were from India and four were Bangladeshi.
Blue-collar South Asian migrant laborers dominate the workforce in Dubai. They primarily live in basic dormitory accommodations and travel to job sites on privately run buses.
In February 2013, at least 22 migrant workers died when a gravel-filled truck with faulty brakes rammed their bus.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More