State media in the United Arab Emirates say 15 Asian migrant workers have been killed in a bus crash in Dubai.
The WAM news agency said the laborers were killed Saturday when their bus rammed into a truck parked on the shoulder of a major highway that passes along the outskirts of the Mideast commercial hub. Thirteen others were reported injured.
The government-owned National newspaper reported Sunday that at least nine of the dead were from India and four were Bangladeshi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Blue-collar South Asian migrant laborers dominate the workforce in Dubai. They primarily live in basic dormitory accommodations and travel to job sites on privately run buses.
In February 2013, at least 22 migrant workers died when a gravel-filled truck with faulty brakes rammed their bus.